I bring to my practice the experience of thirty years of professional work with individuals and couples, as well as the wisdom and personal growth that I have gained from dealing with my own life challenges. I believe that I am particularly effective with clients as they deal with forming and maintaining intimate relationships, sorting through identity and career conflicts, coping with grief and loss, and managing life transitions. Infertility and adoption issues have long been an area of expertise. All these situations are filled with intense emotionality and anguish yet demand solid, clear thinking. I work with people of all cultures and lifestyles.
My therapeutic approach is supportive, solution focused, and insight-oriented. We work together to build on your strengths and identify your needs and goals so that the future can be more positive, productive, and enjoyable.
B.S., Cornell University
M.S.W., Smith College School for Social Work
License, Certifications, and Professional Affiliations
- Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical (LCSW-C), State of Maryland
- Board Certified Diplomate, American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
- Resolve of the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Families for Private Adoption
- Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The George Washington University
School of Medicine and Health Sciences